Did you know?
- French is spoken by over 200 million people around the world and is an official language in 33 countries (more than any other language, after English).
- French is the second most commonly taught second language in the world (after English).
- French offers a linguistic and cultural bridge between Europe, North Africa, and West Africa.
At Carleton we offer:
- A major in French & Francophone Studies (with literature and cultural studies tracks).
- An interdisciplinary minor in French & Francophone Studies.
- A minor in French.
- Faculty-led off-campus programs in France and Senegal.
- Many consortial programs in other parts of the francophone world.