Did you know?
- Arabic is spoken by over 300 million people in the Middle East and North Africa, and is the liturgical language for over a billion Muslims, throughout the world.
- “Coffee”, “alcohol”, “algebra”, “cotton”, “tariff”, “admiral”, “mattress”, all have their origins in Arabic
- Arabic is one of the six official languages of the United Nations
At Carleton we offer:
- Courses in Arabic language, from elementary to advanced
- Courses in literature in translation
- Courses on Arab music
- A minor in Arabic
- A minor in Middle Eastern Studies
- A special major in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies