Carleton offers many different options for support for students taking language classes. In order to help you find the proper contacts, please see the links and options below. If you have any questions, please contact the Language Center.
Your first stop for support is to review the resources available by the department for the language you are currently learning at Carleton. Each department typically has their own structures for help. Typically, it is best to reach out first to the department’s resources as their assistants are aware of specific topics being covered in class as well as departmental specific methods of feedback for assignments.
To find your language specific assistance, click on the following links for:
- Arabic, please contact your instructor
- Chinese, please contact your instructor
- French (French Study Center)
- German, please contact your instructor
- Hebrew, please contact your instructor
- Japanese, please contact your instructor
- Russian, please contact your instructor
- Spanish (Spanish Help Desk or Language Associate)
While language departments can provide specific assistance for your class, the Language Center is also able to provide additional, broader assistance with drop-in help (some homework, speaking practice). Please see our staff page to see when our Language Center Assistants are available, and which languages they speak.