The Language Center at Carleton College supports the teaching and learning of language in order to engage curiosity and inspire lifelong learning (see the About Us page to learn more about the role we aim to play in the language learning experience at Carleton). Some of the resources we currently offer include:
- A renovated space with a comfortable lounge for studying, games (board games and Nintendo Switch games), film viewing, and language/culture-related events.
- Rooms and lab spaces available for individual or small group study, conversation practice, language practice, and language testing.
- Bi- and multilingual student workers who are available for language learning assistance.
- Free subscriptions to Rosetta Stone and Mango Languages for Carleton students, faculty, and staff.
- Self-study programs for languages not offered at Carleton (not-for-credit) and complied digital resources for over 30 languages.
- Daily international news and music in languages offered at Carleton.
- and more!
To learn more about us, stop by the Language Center (located in LDC 220). We are excited to meet you!