- The Carleton College website aims to support our mission by providing information and educational resources. Although the College strives to maintain the most accurate and thorough information possible, it offers no guarantee of veracity or completeness. This is true for all Carleton-associated web sites/pages as well as third-party web sites/ pages to which College pages may link.
- All materials on this web site are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. The College also owns several trademarks, including but not limited to “Carleton College,” “Carleton,” College logos, designs, slogans, and other indicia. Any other trademarks throughout the web site are borrowed by the College with the permission of their respective owner and remain to be that owner’s property.
- By patronizing the College’s web site/pages, visitors agree to use it in the spirit it was created, and thus refrain from engaging in unauthorized commercial activities or trade. Furthermore, the College would like to emphasize that it is not responsible for any material submitted to the College’s web site/pages, such as in chat rooms or bulletin boards. This also applies to personal web sites/ pages affiliated with the College and within its own web site. To that end, the right to unilaterally remove or modify any material submitted by visitors is reserved by the College.
- Visitors likewise agree not to share information or materials that could be illegal or harmful, such as viruses. This includes images, language, or ideas that are considered by the College to be obscene, abusive, or threatening. It also includes material that violates any rights of a third party, regardless of their affiliation with the College.
- Visitors agree not to modify or tamper with any information or materials on the College web site without proper authorization, unless a site/ page is clearly intended to be interactive.
- Any visitor agrees to use the College’s web site at their own risk. The College assumes no responsibility for and provides no warranty against any viruses, misinformation, or other harmful component encountered while on this web site. Under no circumstances will the College be held liable for any damages the visitor encounters as a result of any attempted or successful use of this site. Any users of this site automatically release the College from all and any claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses resulting from your use of this site or inability to use it.
- The College makes no guarantee of the availability of this web site.
- The College reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without notifying visitors. Changes to the policy are made official upon their posting to the Information Technology Policies website.