Institutional Research and Assessment is in the process of creating new reports to provide a much wider variety of data about Carleton College.
- The Common Data Set (CDS) page contains a series of annual data reports, including a Common Data Set Trends report which summarizes many years of the most frequently requested statistics about the College. The Common Data Set is a survey used to collect the types of information published by the major college guidebooks.
- Key metrics requested by the Senior Staff and Trustees to help monitor strategic planning goals, trends, and Carleton’s relationship to its core peer institutions. (For internal use only; access using Carleton login password)
- The Enrollment Data section contains term-by-term enrollment census reports and a long-range summary of Carleton enrollment statistics. (See the Enrollment Summary Fall Term files for an expanded summary of official enrollment demographics which are reported on an annual basis.)
- Carleton tuition, fees, and room and board trends, and a summary table with the most recent available fee breakdown.
- Counts of majors and concentrations at graduation and of numbers of declared majors as of fall census (juniors and seniors).
- Trend tables showing, first-year to sophomore retention rates, and 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8-year graduation rates for several first-time, first-year entering student cohorts. Tables are broken out by gender and racial/ethnic status.
- Carleton’s disclosure of graduation rates by for students receiving Pell grants, subsidized Stafford loan (but no Pell), and neither Pell grant nor subsidized Stafford loan. (This is required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.)
- Details about degrees awarded by Carleton College
Public National Sources with Carleton data:
- You may look at a comprehensive set of official basic statistics that Carleton has submitted to the U.S. Department of Education at its CollegeNavigator web site. This contains a quick overview of Carleton’s data for the general public, although much of it may be about a year old.
- Carleton’s Summary on CollegeNavigator (U.S. Department of Education)
- The U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard provides a basic summary of how Carleton compares with other national postsecondary institutions in a number of factors. These include: costs, financial aid and debt, graduation and retention, earnings after school, student body demographics, SAT/ACT scores, and academic programs.
- Carleton’s College Scorecard summary profile (U.S. Department of Education)
- NAICU has an online resource known as the College and University Accountability Network (UCAN), which presents a two page graphic summary of very basic information often requested by college applicants and their parents. This is updated in late winter with data from the fall of the current academic year.
- Carleton’s UCAN page