How to keep your F-1 status active while you are off-campus:

  •  Get approval from Carleton’s Off-Campus Study Office for any non-Carleton program
  •  Register as a full-time student
  •  Notify ISL and get a travel signature on your I-20 before you leave the U.S.
  •  Check your Carleton email while your are abroad

Other important information:

All Carleton students who participate in a summer program are required to take the following winter term off from Carleton. For F-1 and J-1 student this has implications for your status.  Please see the information on our Leave of Absence page for information on how this will affect you.