Welcome, we are glad you are here! We hope you find this page useful as a resource as you get started in your new journey here at Carleton College.
All new employees have access to the Onboarding Portal, which will walk you through all the resources and tasks outlined on this page.
Trainings, Tasks & Action Items
- Required Trainings – You can access these training in the Onboarding portal, they are automatically assigned to you, the date they need to be completed by is listed for each training.
- Register your car to park on campus – All faculty and staff motor vehicles to be parked on campus must be registered with Campus Services.
- Get a One Card – You can use this to access buildings on campus along with making purchases at the cafe’s, bookstore and dining halls.
- Name Recording – We ask all Faculty, Staff and Students to record their names for the Campus Directory so we can correctly pronounce your name.
- Visit the Hub – Much of your employment information can be found in one convenient location on the Hub. Log on to find:
- Update your directory bio (optional)
- Web Time Entry – Bi-Weekly paid employees will need to use Web Time Entry to enter their time worked each day.
- Set up your email.
- Purchasing Card – If your position includes purchasing card responsibilities, eligible employees are to complete the application. Enter your department approver’s email address into the field and click “Submit”. New cardholders will be asked to complete an online tutorial and sign the Cardholder Agreement form.
- Carleton’s Emergency Notification Service – You are automatically signed up to receive these notifications.
Resources for New Employees
- Be Prepared. Review the Emergency Information website.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Campus Handbook.
- Consider having a Workstation Analysis done on your new work area. For more information on this and to schedule an appointment, contact Karyn at x4174.
- Order business cards or stationery.
- Carleton at a Glance
- Acronym list
- Campus map
- Carleton bookstore
- Parking regulations
- Security services: annual report on security issues
- LGBTQA+ benefits
- Get involved! Check out Staff at Carleton (SAC) or The Forum
If you have questions, please reach out to Human Resources at (507) 222-4830.
Note: Dining Services employees please contact Bon Appétit directly; do not fill out the form or paperwork below.