Before your first day
All new employees are required to contact Human Resources at (507) 222-4830 to schedule a New Hire appointment. If you are eligible for benefits, you will receive a link to benefits documents. Please review this information prior to your New Hire appointment.
Please complete the New Hire paperwork prior to your start date. Please Note: If you are a Dining Services employee, please contact Bon Appetit directly; do not fill out the Personnel Information Form or New Hire paperwork.
Action items for new employees
- Register your car to park on campus. All faculty and staff motor vehicles to be parked on campus must be registered with Campus Services. Information you will need to complete the online form include:
- Vehicle Year
- License Plate Number & State
- Get a One Card
- Name Recording. We ask all Faculty, Staff and Students to record their names for the Campus Directory so we can correctly pronounce your name.
- Visit the Hub. Much of your employment information can be found in one convenient location on the Hub. Log on to find:
- Learn how to use Web Time Entry.
- Set up your email.
- If your position includes purchasing card responsibilities and/or budget manager responsibilities, please schedule an appointment with the Business Office at x4843.
- You are automatically signed up for Carleton’s Emergency Notification Service.
Resources for new employees
- Attend mandatory training on Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Minnesota Employee Right to Know (MERTKA/Asbestos training). Email announcements will advise of upcoming dates when these training sessions will be held, as well as registration directions.
- Be Prepared. Review the Emergency Preparedness Guide.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Faculty or Staff Handbook
- Consider having a Workstation Analysis done on your new work area. For more information on this and to schedule an appointment, contact Karyn at x4174.
- Order business cards or stationery.
- Carleton at a Glance
- Acronym list
- Campus map
- Carleton bookstore
- Parking regulations
- Security services: annual report on security issues
- LGBTQA+ benefits
- Get involved! Check out Staff at Carleton (SAC) or The Forum