New Student Workers

Before starting your first student employment position at Carleton, your I-9 form and W-4 form must be completed in person at the Office of Human Resources (Strong House). No student is allowed to begin work, regardless of the supervisors or departments dire circumstances, until they have presented all of the required forms in person to a staff member in Human Resources.

For questions, please contact Human Resources at (507) 222-4830.

I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification

To complete the Employment Eligibility Verification form, original forms of identification must be presented in person at the Office of Human Resources. A list of acceptable forms of identification can be found on page three of the I-9 form.  Please note that if you do not choose to use documentation under List A you will need to provide a form of documentation from BOTH List B AND List C.

Photocopies, scanned copies, and faxes of any documents are not allowed. Only original documents can be accepted.

If you are a nonresident alien authorized to work while in school, you will need your I-94 admission number. I-94 admission form.

W-4 Form

This form must be completed in order to determine the correct amount of tax withholding from your pay. If you claim “Exempt” from tax withholding, you must also complete a Minnesota W-4 to claim the exemption from state income tax.

Payroll Information

Direct Deposit: To authorize direct deposit, click on the “Payroll Direct Deposit Bank Account” link on The Hub.

Web Time Entry: Student workers are required to enter their time worked on a daily basis and submit your bi-weekly authorization through Web Time Entry on The Hub.

For additional questions regarding payroll, please contact the Payroll Office.

Healthcare Exchange Notification

All new student workers are required to receive notification of the Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options (Public Healthcare Exchanges).

Additional Information

If you have questions regarding employment opportunities, position assignment, or financial aid award, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.