Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – HealthPartners
Employees and their families have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP is confidential, safe, and easy-to-use.
A few of the services they offer are:
- Counseling/therapy (individual & family) – 6 face to face visits per family member/year.
- Legal consultation, will planning,
- ID theft recovery,
- Financial consultation, and tax preparation.
There are multiple ways to access Health Partner’s EAP benefit, they are as follows:
- Online: Employee Assistance Program and use password Carleton or
- Phone: 1-866-326-7194 for 24/7 access
- Mobile App: EAP iConnectYou for iPhone, Android or web browser. Register using your email and the password 231020.
Travel Accident Insurance
Carleton employees working at least 17.5 hours per week are covered under an accidental death and dismemberment policy when traveling on College business. The benefit amount is equal to two times the base annual salary (minimum $100,000, maximum $300,000). Coverage is automatic.
If an employee is injured at work, they must immediately notify their supervisor(s). The employee and supervisor are both expected to fill out the Accident Report Form, or Student Worker Accident Form, which must be forwarded to HR.
Cell Phone Discounts
Carleton employees have access to discounts for their personal cell phone services. The list of cell phone providers and instructions for setting up the discount are below:
- AT&T — See Carleton College’s AT&T Signature Program and enter your Carleton email address and wireless phone number. Or, at an AT&T store, present a recent pay advice, your Carleton OneCard, and code FAN-3098010
- Sprint — Bring a recent pay advice statement to a store and provide code GAUNV_SMN_ZZZ
- Verizon — Verizon offers a 17% discount off their services. Follow the corresponding instructions to pursue this.
Cigna Value-Add Benefits
- Secure Travel: Pre-trip planning, traveling assistance, and emergency assistance
- Cignassure: Program for beneficiaries
- Health Advocacy: Maximize your benefit dollars and navigate the health care landscape
- My Secure Advantage: Will Preparation, Money Coaching & Identity Theft protection
Long-Term Care (LTC) – Transamerica Insurance Company
Transamerica has determined to discontinue the sale of individual, stand alone Long Term Care Insurance policies and is closing their book of business for this type of insurance effective June 30, 2021. They will continue to honor anyone with existing policies.
Carleton employees with existing voluntary policies for Long-Term Care insurance with Transamerica can contact Gary Marx, LTC Services, Inc. at 651-402-1303 or Transamerica directly regarding their policy questions.