The study of history at Carleton equips students to pursue any career with success.
- know where and how to find information quickly
- can cope effectively with large quantities of data in diverse forms
- know how to evaluate critically the information provided by sources and experts
- can integrate ideas and information from a variety of sources
- can design and execute independent projects
- can express themselves with clarity, economy, and elegance
After Carleton, our majors pursue a wide variety of career paths and the Department seeks to support each person in achieving success, whether in business, the professions, education and academia, public service, the arts, and many, many other callings.
- Talk with our Departmental Career Advisor (Bill North) about your career and grad school interests and goals
- Connect with the Carleton Career Center and get to know their staff and resources
- Enroll in the Carleton Career Center Tunnel to receive announcements about opportunities in your interest areas
- Investigate the Carleton Pathways initiative and the career information from History alumni & faculty!
If you are an alum, let us know how we may support you as your career progresses and please let us know whether you would like to support our students as a career resource, mentor, or by simply letting us know about job opportunities in your area.