History majors and alumni:
- know where and how to find information quickly
- can cope effectively with large quantities of data in diverse forms
- know how to evaluate critically the information provided by sources and experts
- can integrate ideas and information from a variety of sources
- can design and execute independent projects
- can express themselves with clarity, economy, and elegance
After Carleton, our majors pursue a wide variety of career paths. The History Department seeks to assist alumni and majors by offering contact information for fellowships and jobs.
Other connections we encourage you to explore:
- Talk with our Departmental Career Advisor (Bill North) about grad school and career interests
- Connect with the Carleton Career Center‘s Handshake job & internship site, and their Summer Internship Experiences database to see past History majors’ internships
- Investigate the Carleton Pathways initiative and career information from History alumni & faculty.
Alumni, please let us know how we might support you as your career progresses, and if you would like to support current majors as a career resource or mentor, or by sending us possible job opportunities in your area.