We all have places and people that are special to us, and many of us have photos as reminders of them.
Looking at photos like these often will make us feel happy and connect with things that feel meaningful.
Taking the time to better understand how to connect with meaningful photos helps to increase happiness and connect with people and places we care about.
Meaningful Photos Guide
Try one of the activities below!
- This week, take photos with people or of places and things that make you happy.
- Gather all of the photos together into one place (digitally or physically).
- Look at each one and reflect. Then write a response to the following question: What does this photo represent, and why is it meaningful?
- This week, set aside time everyday to find a photo you already have that is that is meaningful to you.
- Follow steps 2 and 3 from Activity #1.
Whether you are taking new photos or gathering old ones, choose ones that have special memories attached to them—that will make this activity easier and more impactful.
Greater Good in Action. Meaningful Photos, A creative way to build happiness and meaning in life. Retrieved from https://ggia.berkeley.edu/practice/meaningful_pictures
Therapeutic Photography. Learn about the healing power of photography. Retrieved from https://theoneproject.co/therapeutic-photography/