Write a compliment or affirmation on a strip of paper and fold it into a lucky star!
- Thinking about what message you want on your lucky star helps you get in touch with how you’re doing in this moment.
- Folding a lucky star forces you to slow down and focus on a small task, which can help calm your mind and body.
How to fold a lucky star:
- Write down an affirmation, wish, or your favorite quote on the slip of paper.
- Turn over the slip of paper so the blank side is up. Form a ribbon shape by looping the right side of the strip over the left.
- Wrap the upper piece of the strip through the formed loop. Pull tight to make a knot and flatten the folds.
- Fold over the small remaining bit of the strip on the right of the knot and tuck this piece in to the flaps.
- Begin wrapping the long bit of the strip on the left of the knot around the formed pentagon, making sure you’re alternating which sides you’re wrapping around.
- When the end is too short to wrap again, tuck it into the earlier wrap around the pentagon.
- Push in the paper on the sides of the pentagon, forming the 5 points for your star.
Stop by OHP (Sayles 162) to pick up paper and a guide on how to make your own lucky stars!
Origamiway. (n.d.). Origami Lucky Star Instructions . Origami Way . Retrieved April 27, 2022, from https://www.origamiway.com/origami-lucky-star.shtml
Wei, M. (2016, September 2). 5 ways Origami Boosts Mindfulness . Psychology Today . Retrieved April 27, 2022, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/urban-survival/201609/5-ways-origami-boosts-mindfulness.