Information Technology, Documents, & Records
New Technology Request Program
The new Technology request Program (NTRP) is a twice-yearly process whereby academic and administrative departments request approval for additional hardware and software that is outside of the regular equipment replacement cycle. Requests for NTRP technologies are run in conjunction with facilities fall requests and the ITS winter replacement process. NTRP is primarily intended to support pilot projects of innovative ideas and early use of emerging technologies.
Requests can include hardware, software, projection equipment etc. These requests are funded on a one-time basis. Requests for new technologies are expected to demonstrate a need in support of a college or departmental goal, strategic initiative or experimentation in advance of request for ongoing college funding
The NTRP is managed by a five member committee (NTRC) comprising of:
- Associate Provost
- LIBIT Committee member or other faculty representatives
- ESAG Committee member or other staff representatives
- Budget Director
- ITS Staff Members, as needed
Membership will be identified by Technology Planning & Priorities Committee (TPPC). The NTRC will review and prioritize all requests, and make a recommendation to TPPC for approval. NTRC will typically meet in March or April to review the requests and develop an allocation recommendation. The TPPC will typically approve requests in May and departments will be notified of the status of their requests in May/June. Delivery of requested technology will start in June.
The NTRC and the TPPC will use the following criteria in evaluating requests (a request need not meet all criteria).
- Supports a college or departmental goal or strategic initiative
- Provides multiple benefits to others
- Provides notable improvement to productivity
- Enhances teaching
- Enhances services to our community
- Aligns with existing IT purchasing policies
- Is supportable and sustainable
- Replacement or renewal of existing software contracts and technology are addressed in the regular ITS replacement process
- Technology purchases involving an annual expense, are considered through the college annual budget process
College technology already in the replacement cycle will be handled in parallel with the winter term NTRP requests. Delivery of both new approved requests, as well as replacement equipment, happens throughout the year. Academic deliveries take precedence during the summer, and all other deliveries take place throughout the academic year.
Last Revised: January 30, 2019
Last Reviewed: August 9, 2022
Maintained by: Information Technology Services