Housing & Residential Living

Residential Living Requirement

Carleton College is a residential college providing housing for all students who are enrolled full-time in classes on the Carleton College campus. All students except those married or having dependent children living with them, must live in College-operated residences and participate in the College dining plan for all four years unless granted the Northfield Option Exemption.

Students who are married or have dependent children living with them will be exempted from the residency and board requirements upon providing documentation to the Residential Life Office.

Housing is available to full-time registered students only. Students who have withdrawn or who are on leave of absence are not permitted to reside in College-owned facilities and must vacate the residence halls/houses. Students leaving the College at any time during the academic year are responsible for packing their belongings and arranging for storage or shipping.

Approved by Residential Life on June 21, 2005.

For: Students

Last Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Maintained by: Residential Life