Housing & Residential Living

Medical and Disability Accommodations

Housing Accommodations

Individuals with a disability seeking a housing accommodation (i.e., an exception to standard Carleton housing rules and procedures) other than the use of a service animal, must document their disabilities and the need for the requested accommodation. This information must be documented by a licensed healthcare provider with competence and expertise in the area of diagnosis. Different requirements apply to requests to use a service animal.

Housing accommodations are not academic accommodations. In order to determine if special housing arrangements are a reasonable accommodation, we must receive detailed documentation of the correlation of your disability-related limitations with the need for special housing arrangements that cannot be either secured through the Room Draw process or completed after a room has been drawn.

In order to ensure the provision of reasonable and appropriate documentation, current and comprehensive documentation is required. Please visit the Office of Accessibility Resources for additional information or to request an accommodation.

Last Revised: December 27, 2017

Approved on July 31, 2008.

For: Students

Last Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Maintained by: Residential Life