Housing & Residential Living

Food Sales and Distribution

The Minnesota Department of Health provides specific guidance for food safety.  Carleton College expects all campus vendors, students and staff to follow the MDH guidance to ensure the safety of food served or sold on campus.  Please reference the MN Department of Health guidance for food safety and/or consult the guidelines from the University of Minnesota Extension Cooking Safely for a Crowd.

Bon Appetite, our Dining Services partner, is the only food provider with a food license on record with Carleton College.

The college does not monitor other outside food service vendors contracted by individual departments to serve food at campus events.

Food prepared and served or sold on campus by individuals should be consumed with an understanding that products are homemade and not subject to state inspection.  When selling items at a bake sale, the seller is responsible for a sign or placard stating “These products are homemade and not subject to state inspection” posted at the sale. Label food with your name and address, the date produced, and the ingredients, including potential allergens.

Last Revised: August 13, 2018

For: Faculty, Staff, Students

Last Reviewed: February 19, 2021

Maintained by: Business Office