This section provides an overview of many benefits available to faculty and staff. In the event of conflict between the overview provided in this handbook and the plan document or insurance plan, the plan document or insurance plan will govern. Complete descriptions are not possible in the handbook; employees should contact Human Resources for specific plan details. The Labor Agreement governs in the case of Union employees in all aspects of this section. Regular non-union employees who have a schedule involving a (.46) FTE or above, and Union employees who have a (.50) FTE or above are eligible to participate in the College’s benefit programs.

Carleton College will comply with all applicable laws such as ACA, FMLA, federal, state, and any applicable regulations.

Employment & Benefits

Global Travel for Carleton Employees and Students

Faculty and staff traveling internationally on College business are covered for emergency evacuation assistance through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). 

In order for these services to be most effective, record your travel with the International Travel Record. CISI provides medical referrals, evacuation assistance, and a wide range of travel assistance

Students on rostered Off-Campus programs have emergency assistance, evacuation services and medical benefits. Faculty and staff planning to travel with students outside of Off-Campus programs must notify the Risk Manager (507-222-4178) to ensure that their student travel is reported.

Faculty and staff have the option of purchasing additional international insurance on a personal basis by following the steps listed in the Faculty CISI Self Enrollment Checklist.

Please refer to the Business Office website for further information.

For: Faculty, Staff

Last Reviewed: February 4, 2021

Maintained by: Human Resources