Academic Regulations & Procedures

Declaration of Major or Minor

Early in the sixth term of enrollment, but not before that term, students must declare an academic area as their major field or they will not be allowed to register for the seventh term. Students wishing to change their major during the junior or senior year can do so by obtaining the approval of the chair of the new department and completing the form available from the Registrar’s Office. Students who are planning a special major are advised to petition the Academic Standing Committee (ASC) during winter term or early spring term of their sophomore year.

A student can declare a minor at any time between the second week of their 6th term and the second week of their 10th term by completing the form available from the Registrar’s Office. A student can drop a minor by filing a Removal of Minor form with the Registrar at any time. Failure to complete a minor by graduation will result in the minor being dropped from the student’s record.

See also double major and special majors.

Last Revised: September 9, 2021

For: Faculty Students,

Last Reviewed: September 9, 2021

Maintained by: Office of the Provost

Previous: Dean's List
Next: Disabilities