Sample Lectures and Site Visits
The following are examples of lectures and site visits from recent years. Note that this is not intended to be a complete listing, and that lectures are modified each year according to students’ research topics and availability.
- NOISE School in Gender Studies, 2018 Theme: Social and Political Suffocations
- Rosi Braidotti, Utrecht University: Configuring European Women’s Studies
- Karin Heisecke: Gender and the European Union
- Rebekka Gomperts, Women on Waves: Activism for Women’s Reproductive Rights
- Prostitution Information Center Amsterdam: Sex Work in the Netherlands
- Emir Belatoui, Secret Garden Amsterdam: Queer of Color Issues in the Netherlands.
- Nancy Jouwe: Anti-Racist Struggle in the Netherlands
- Christine Quinan, Utrecht University: Homonationalism in the Netherlands
- Eva Midden, Utrecht University: Towards Post-Secular Feminism
- Black Heritage Tour of Amsterdam with Jennifer Tosch.
- Liad Hussein Kantorowicz, Hydra: Sexuality and Prostitution in Germany
- Swantje Kolbsell, Alice Solomon University: Disability in Germany
- Paula Riedemann, Ban Ying: Trafficking in Europe. Special emphasis on Germany
- Julia Ehrt, European Transgender Network: Trans* in Germany and Europe
- Urmila Goel, Humboldt University: Racism in Germany/Current Manifestations
- Kathleen Heft, Humboldt University: Gender and the Persistence of Cold War Patterns
- Dagmar Schultz, Free University: Audre Lorde: The Berlin Years
- Ika Huegel-Marshall: Invisible Woman: Growing up Black in Germany
- Iris Waschmut: Current Gender Debates on the Holocaust
- Nivedita Prassad, Alice Solomon University: Violence Against Women as a Human Rights Abuse.
- Beata Kozak, Efka: Recent History of Polish Feminism and Women’s Issues
- Wanda Nowicka, Federation for Women and Family Planning: Reproductive Rights in Poland
- Lana Dadu: Polish “Black Protests”
- Agnieszka Krol, Jagiellonian University: Polish LGBT Issues and Activism
- Marta Dora, Transfuzja: Transgender Activism in Poland
- Edyta Gawron, Jagiellonian University: History of Migration and Jewish Issues in Poland
- Jewish Community Center in Krakow: Krakow Jewish Community Today
- Joanna Talewitz-Kwiatkowka, Jagiellonian University: Polish Roma Women’s Issues
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camps visit.
- Jirina Siklova, Charles University: Women in Dissent & Beginnings of Czech Gender Studies
- Martina Horvathova, Manushe: Czech Roma Women’s Issues
- Jitka Kolarova, Jako Doma: Homeless Women in Prague
- Katerina Kolarova, Charles University: Intersections of Disability, Gender and Sexuality
- Karolina Hajska, Bliss Without Risk: Prostitution in the Czech Republic post-1989
- Jamie Rose, Trans*parent: History of Czech Sexology and LGB&Trans Activism
- Maria Strasakova and Truong Thu Thuy: Vietnamese Women in the Czech Republic
- Zuzana Stefkova: Gender in Contemporary Czech and Slovak Art
- Jana Jedlickova, Palacky University, Olomouc: Gender in Contemporary Czech Film
- Olomouc & Ollove/Palacky University site visit.