Applications for Fall 2023
Applications for the Fall 2023 program will open in early November 2022. Please fill out the Connect with Carleton GEP form or email email@example.com to have your name added to the interest list for Ecology and Anthropology in Tanzania Fall 2023.
Program Dates for Fall 2023
Ecology and Anthropology in Tanzania runs every fall from early September to mid-December. The tentative program dates for Fall 2023 are below. Dates and itinerary will be finalized in January 2023.
Tentative: September 6 – December 13, 2023 (99 days)
- Tuesday, Sept 5: students in the U.S. depart for Tanzania
- Wednesday, Sept 6: students arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) and are transported to MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) in Usa River
- Thursday, Sept 7 – Saturday, Sept 9: orientation at MS-TCDC and short 2-night introductory excursion
- Monday, Sept 11: Classes Begin
- The program includes a 3-day/2-night excursion and an 8-day/7-night excursion. Dates of the excursions will be announced in August 2023.
- Monday, Nov 13 – Wednesday, Nov 15: wrap-up of 10-week courses
- Monday, Nov 20 – All student work for 10-week courses must be submitted
- Tuesday, Nov 21: Independent Study Project (ISP) field work begins
- Saturday, Dec 9: Students return to MS-TCDC
- Tuesday, Dec 12: all ISP reports must be submitted
- Wednesday, Dec 13: students depart from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
Tuition and Program Fees
The Fall 2023 tuition and program fees are listed below.
|Tuition (equivalent to 16 semester credits)||$16,589|
|Room and Board||$4,267|
- Airport pick-up and drop-off at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
- Fees for program-related field trips and safaris
- CISI Emergency Medical Insurance during program dates
- ISP travel expenses
Students are responsible for books and research materials, passport fees, round-trip airfare to and from Tanzania, and personal expenses.
|Remaining Balance||$22,593||July 15|