Program Tuition Fees – Fall 2021
Visit individual program pages for program dates, cost breakdowns and program fee inclusions.
|Buddhist Studies in Bodh Gaya, India||$22,873|
|Ecology & Anthropology in Tanzania||$21,299|
|Women's & Gender Studies in Europe||$23,316|
Payment Timeline – Fall 2021 Programs
|Buddhist Studies in Bodh Gaya, India||$22,373||July 15|
|Ecology and Anthropology in Tanzania||$20,799||July 15|
|Women's & Gender Studies in Europe||$22,816||July 15|
*Initial deposits should be made using a credit/debit card on the Carleton Global Engagement deposit payment page. Subsequent payments will be made through the Carleton College Business Office.
Carleton Global Engagement Program Scholarship
The scholarship is need-based, and aims to support broader access to study abroad opportunities through Carleton College. In order for the scholarship application to be reviewed, the applicant must have completed a Carleton Global Engagement program application by March 15. Scholarship awards range from $1000 to $3000. Apply now for a scholarship!
Undergraduate students in good academic standing currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university may apply for this scholarship towards a Carleton Global Engagement study abroad program.
Application Cycles and Deadlines
- Fall 2021 (India, Tanzania, Europe)
Applications are due on March 15, 2021.
Conditions of Global Engagement Scholarship Awards
- Scholarship awards will be applied towards the final program fee payment.
- Scholarship awards cannot be used to cover the program deposit ($500).
- Scholarship awards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Scholarship awards must be applied to the program fees for the program to which the student has been accepted.
- Carleton College will report scholarship awards to the Student Financial Services office and the Study Abroad office at the student’s home institution.
Online Application Process
- Have a pdf of the following documents available to upload:
- Your 2020-21 Student Aid Report (SAR), if applicable. This is a document you are provided after submitting the FAFSA. (Not required if you have never submitted the FAFSA, e.g., international students).
- Your 2020-21 financial aid award letter from your home institution.
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab on this webpage and log in with the same username and password you used when applying for a Carleton Global Engagement program.
- Complete each of the elements on the application page and submit your application.
- Contact the Carleton College Off-Campus Studies office if you encounter any difficulties with the application.
- Tel: 507-222-4435
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30PM Central Time
Scholarship applicants will be notified by email within three to four weeks of the scholarship deadline.
Withdrawal and Cancellation Policies for Fall 2021
Refund Policy for Fall 2021 Withdrawals
Due to the risks and uncertainty associated with international travel during the pandemic, Carleton Global Engagement waives all program withdrawal fees usually assessed between the Commitment to Participate deadline on April 15, 2021, and official Fall 2021 on-site program start date. Students must inform Carleton Global Engagement in writing explaining their decision to withdraw. The student’s date of withdrawal is considered to be the date when the Carleton Global Engagement Programs office or Faculty Director receives the request to withdraw.
Students who withdraw before the official on-site start date will receive a full refund of tuition and fees paid to Carleton College. Carleton will issue the refund to the person or institution which made the original payment to Carleton. Students are not eligible to receive reimbursement from Carleton for costs associated with participation in the Global Engagement Programs paid to companies or government entities other than Carleton, e.g., airline tickets, passport and visa fees, medical appointments and vaccinations.
If the student withdraws from the program after the official Fall 2021 start date of the program, Carleton will follow the schedule in the table below to determine the forfeited amount. The student or home institution will be held accountable for any amount forfeited, even if those funds have not yet been forwarded to Carleton College. The schedule of forfeited amounts is the same for non-medical and medical withdrawals. A medical withdrawal requires documentation in support of the grounds for withdrawal from an appropriate health professional, e.g., medical doctor, nurse practitioner, psychologist, mental health counselor.
Carleton College does not award partial academic credit. Students who receive approval to withdraw before completing course requirements are not eligible to earn academic credit from Carleton, and will have DRP’s (drops) recorded for the courses they are enrolled in at the time of the withdrawal.
|Date of Withdrawal|
(Medical & Non-medical)
|Student or Home Institution Forfeits…|
|From Commitment to Participate to offical on-site program start date payment of deposit||0% of tuition and 0% of programs (100% refund of all fees paid to Carleton)|
|From on-site program start date to Day 14 of the program||50% of tuition and 100% of program and transportation fees|
|Any time after Day 14 of the program||100% of tuition and 100% of program fees|
|Student suspension or dismissal from the program||100% of tuition and 100% of program and transportation fees|
Refund Policy for Fall 2021 Program Cancellation
In case of program cancellation by Carleton College before the on-site start date, all fees paid to Carleton College will be refunded. If the program must be cancelled after it has begun but before its conclusion, a partial refund may be given. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis, accounting for such factors as the amount of time spent on site, transportation used, and the number of credits that the students remain eligible to earn. Minor alterations in the program will not result in refunds.
Deferment to Fall 2022
Students who withdraw from a Fall 2021 Global Engagement Program prior to the start of the program may defer their participation in the program to Fall 2022.