Applications for Fall 2022
Applications for Carleton’s Fall 2022 Global Engagement Programs are open. Applications are hosted on Carleton’s Terra Dotta Software (TDS) portal. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
- The link below will take you to the application page. Click Apply Now to start your application.
- On the User Login page, log in under the appropriate group: Carleton User ID or Non-Carleton User. Carleton College students will use their Carleton username and password to log in. First-time non-Carleton College users must create an account before logging in to open an application.
- You must use your college/university email address rather a personal email when you create your account. This helps Carleton College identify you as a legitimate student applicant.
- Follow the instructions within the application portal to complete each of the items in your application checklist.
- You do not need to complete your application in one sitting. You should, however, save your application regularly. Your application will time out after 60 minutes and any unsaved parts of the application may be lost. Return to an existing application.
Contact the Carleton College Off-Campus Studies office if you encounter any difficulties with the application.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30PM Central Time
- Start your application early so you have time to submit a quality application.
- Identify your two recommenders early in the process and inform them of the deadline. This makes it possible for recommenders to complete your recommendation when is convenient for them while adhering to the application deadline.
- Write and review your responses to the short narrative questions offline. When you are satisfied with your responses, copy them into the program application.
- The maximum length of responses is indicated on each application question. Your responses do not need to be lengthy, but they should be well written.
Timeline for Program and Scholarship Applications
November 11 – Program application portal opens
We encourage you to start your application for our Fall 2022 programs early in the process. This will give you a sense for the various components of the application and the amount of time necessary to complete it.
January 15 – Carleton Global Engagement Scholarship application portal opens
The Carleton Global Engagement Scholarship is need-based, and aims to support broader access to study abroad opportunities through Carleton College. In order for the scholarship application to be reviewed, the applicant must have completed a Carleton Global Engagement program application by the application deadline. Scholarship awards range from $1000 to $3000.
See information about external study abroad scholarships (scholarships administered by organizations other than Carleton College).
February 15 – Review of completed program applications begins
Admission decisions for Fall Global Engagement Programs are made on a rollig basis. Beginning on February 15, applicants will be informed of their application status within two weeks of submitting a completed application.
March 15 – Completed program and scholarship applications due
Both program applications and scholarship applications must be complete by 11:59 Central Standard Time. Applicants will not be able to edit or complete an application that is in progress without first contacting Global Engagement Programs Office. Recommenders are able to submit recommendations after March 15, however the status of an application remains incomplete until the both recommendations are received.
April 7 – Scholarship applicants are notified
Students who applied for a Carleton Global Engagement Program Scholarship are notified of their scholarship status. Students who are awarded a scholarship are notified of the scholarship amount.
April 30 – Accepted students decision and deposit deadline
Students who have been accepted for a Fall Global Engagement program must decide whether to commit to participation or decline the spot they have been offered. Students commitments must be accompanied by $500 deposit unless the student’s home institution pays the deposit on student’s behalf. Accepted students are encouraged to make their commitment to participation as soon they are confident about their decision.