The Founders Court is a permanent memorial to those whose personal philanthropy built and continues to sustain the college. Located in front of the Laurence McKinley Gould Library, the court recognizes the extraordinary generosity and philanthropic leadership of those whose lifetime giving has positioned the college in ways equivalent to William Carleton’s founding gift of $50,000 in 1871, as determined by the Board of Trustees. 

Founders Court Members

  • William Carleton, Founding Donor
  • S. Eugene Bailey
  • Atherton ’31 and Winifred Wollaeger ’31 Bean
  • Frederic Somers Bell
  • Laird Bell
  • Joseph ’63 and Nancy ’63 Braucher
  • Leonard and Gretchan Broom and Dorothy Broom ’66
  • William N. Buffett ’55
  • Margaret Bell Cameron
  • Patricia D. ’46 and George L. ’46 Cassat
  • Charles L. Denison
  • Jack W. ’67 and Camie Eugster
  • Herbert ’73 and Barbara Fritch
  • Richard G. Garbisch ’38
  • Spencer ’52 and Barbara Sharp ’57 Gould
  • Michael J. ’95 and Mary Ann Hasenstab
  • A.D. ’36 and Mary Andersen ’36 Hulings
  • David W. Ignat ’63
  • The James Family
  • Lloyd P. ’52 and Rosalind Gesner ’54 Johnson
  • Martha Hulings ’66 and Arthur ’65 Kaemmer
  • Leslie Kautz ’80 and Jack Weiss
  • Frank B. Kellogg
  • Richard ’76 and Laura ’76 Kracum
  • William Harris Laird
  • Ward B. ’32 and Susan Evarts ’34 Lewis
  • John and Elizabeth Musser
  • R.D. Musser
  • Reine Myers
  • Louis and Catherine James Paglia ’74
  • Nicholas ’37 and Virginia Puzak
  • Margaret Ann Towsley Riecker ’54
  • Jack W. and Renate R. Schuler
  • The Weitz Family ’70, ’70, ’96, ’99, ’02, ’02
  • Wadsworth A. Williams ’00