Requesting an Aid Award Review
We recognize that a family’s financial resources may change unexpectedly after the initial financial aid award is calculated. In these situations like this, we will conduct a thorough and personal review of the family’s individual circumstances upon written request.
Note that we will respond to specific reasons that appear to invalidate our initial aid decision, but we cannot respond to generalized requests simply for more funding out of a need to be transparent and equitable in how we deliver aid. The request for review does not guarantee an adjustment or increase in the student’s financial aid award.
Optional supporting documents:
- Household Budget Worksheet: Describe the expenses your family is facing while paying for Carleton to provide us more detailed information about your household cash flow.
- Estimate Income Worksheet: Submit if you anticipate significant changes in your income for the coming year. The basis for our aid award is usually the previous year’s income.
Before submitting your review request…
Please note the following:
- Review your current financial aid award.
- Review your student account on the Hub. Are all components (grants, loans, and applicable outside aid) posting to your student account appropriately?
- Review the information submitted on your College Board CSS Profile and FAFSA for accuracy.
- Carleton expects students to contribute a minimum of $2,100 each year toward their educational expenses.
- Student employment earnings are paid directly to the student. Arrangements can be made to credit earnings to the student’s account.