Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
Any students or parents of students borrowing federal loans (including subsidized, unsubsidized, and/or a PLUS loan) must complete a loan acknowledgement annually. This typically takes less than 10 minutes.
If you are a first-time borrower accepting a federal student loan, you are acknowledging that you understand your responsibility to repay your loan.
If you are an existing federal student loan borrower, you are acknowledging that you understand how much you owe and how much more you can borrow.
What do I need?
- Verified FSA ID
- School Name*
- Degree Name*
- Field of Academic Program*
*First-time borrowers only
When and How I Can Complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
Complete the acknowledgement form after you have accepted your loans and they are listed as Pending on the My Loans screen.
You can complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement from the Hub in your Financial Aid Checklist.
Financial Aid/Special Circumstances Review
Optional supporting documents:
- Household Budget Worksheet: Describe the expenses your family is facing while paying for Carleton to provide us more detailed information about your household cash flow.
- Estimate Income Worksheet: Submit if you anticipate significant changes in your income for the coming year. The basis for our aid award is usually the previous year’s income.
Music Lessons: Financial Assistance Request
Get additional information and apply for financial assistance for music lesson(s).
Deadline to apply: 5:00 p.m. on the specified days
CSA Activity Fee Assistance Request
Get additional information on how to request assistance with the CSA Activity Fee.
Art Supplies Fee Waiver
Get additional information on how to request an art supplies fee waiver and apply for a waiver.
Study Abroad/Off-Campus Studies
These worksheets help us adjust your financial aid for your off-campus studies term and gives you and your family an estimate of the total cost of your off-campus study program.
- OCS Scholarship & Loan Application: Required if seeking additional financial aid, along with the relevant worksheet below.
- OCS Budget Worksheet: Carleton Programs (needed only if applying for an OCS Scholarship or Loan)
- OCS Budget Worksheet: Global Engagement Programs (required)
- OCS Budget Worksheet: Non-Carleton Programs (required)
All forms for student employment, including student work transfer requests, interest forms for finding employment for the upcoming year, and remote work agreements, can be found on the student employment website.