What is the Schwarzman Scholarship?
The Schwarzman Scholarship offers a select group of international students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a fully funded, one-year Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Schwarzman Scholars live and study together on the campus of Schwarzman College, a newly-built, state-of-the-art facility, where all classes are taught in English. In addition to the core curriculum, students may take electives in a variety of subject areas.
Who can apply?
- Students or recent graduates in any discipline.
- Students or recent graduates of any citizenship.
- Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of the year in which the program begins.
Why apply for the Schwarzman Scholarship?
- The Schwarzman Scholarship offers tuition, room and board, travel to and from the campus and Beijing, all materials (including a laptop), and a modest stipend.
- The program was established in China because of the country’s global ascendancy, and scholars will benefit from immersion and a deeper cultural understanding of this important player on the world stae.
- Additional activities for the cohort include language training and cultural excursions, as well as presentations from global business leaders and other notable figures.
- The network of Schwarzman Scholars (although the award is still quite new) comprises an influential group.
What are the selection criteria?
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character and Integrity
- Academic Aptitude and Intellectual Ability
- Empathy and Intercultural Competency
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
Where can I learn more?
- Consult the Schwarzman Scholars program website.
- Make an appointment with Director of Student Fellowships Marynel Ryan Van Zee to discuss your interests and get your questions answered.
Deadlines fall in early summer and early fall of each year, and vary by citizenship. Please see the Schwarzman Scholars website for detailed information.
Contact Marynel Ryan Van Zee, Director of Student Fellowships at x4300, Laird 131/mryanvanzee.