- US citizens with US passports
- Little or no study/travel outside of the US or North America (specific information is listed in the FAQ)
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- 18 years of age by start of program
- Able to participate in the entire program
- At least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes
Application deadlines fall in February of each year. The deadline for the 2020 Institutes is February 11, 2020.
This program is available to first-year and sophomore students to study in the UK at a highly regarded university on a three-, four-, five- or six-week academic and cultural summer program. Participants in these programs will explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while developing their presentation, research and communication skills.
The program will cover the majority of participant costs including round-trip airfare, tuition and fees at the host university, room and board, and in some cases a small daily allowance.
Application forms and information can be found on the Fulbright Summer Institutes for American Students webpage.
Please contact Marynel Ryan Van Zee, Director of Student Fellowships, at x4300 (mryanvanzee).
2019: Marcella Jurotich ’21
2018: Michael Gasior ’20
2013: Devin Tomson-Moylan ’15