View the 2021 Informational Webinar on this program!
- U.S. students will come to Canada to undertake advanced research projects.
- Projects will cover a broad cross-section of research topics including most academic disciplines.
- Students will spend 10 to 12 weeks (May – October) in Canada on a research project in their area of interest.
- Students will be placed at a Canadian university and undertake a supervised research project.
- Students will have extensive opportunities for cultural, social, and recreational experiences.
Participants in this program must:
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university located in the United States ;
- be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport;
- have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of Fall 2023 (this program is not suitable for 1st-year NOR final year students);
- ideal candidates will be in their third year in the 22/23 academic year;
- have a competitive grade point average;
- be available to spend between 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August;
- apply by September 20, 2022 at 10pm Eastern Time.
Students who participate in this program will have:
- access to the prestigious worldwide Fulbright network (the Globalink program will not impact the eligibility to apply for Fulbright Student programs);
- access to some of Canada’s top research facilities;
- the opportunity to gain valuable international experience;
- a rewarding experience combining academic research, professional skills, and personal growth; and,
- a grant in the amount of CAD$7000
To apply, students must provide:
- a completed application online form;
- unofficial transcripts from their home university or college;
- a resume of no more than two pages;
- two letters of reference (to be submitted bySeptember 20. 2022);
- a one-page personal statement- no project needs to be identified at this time.
The program is highly competitive. Students will be evaluated on a combination of factors including:
- their record of academic achievement,
- their personal statement,
- their current skills and interests
- fit to program
- letters of recommendation
- mail for Information requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program website and application instructions available here
- View the September 2021 Webinar on the program
- Candidates can see past projects on this page and confirm if anything has been done in that particular field. In the Search Projects section, select +MORE FILTERS and under programs select Globalink.