The Paul and Lynn Kelley International Fellowship was created to honor Paul and Lynn, who have done a great deal to support and promote cultural understanding, including medical travels to Central America, years-long service to indigenous and tribal peoples, AIDS work, and much more. The fund is intended to support students with financial need for research fellowships abroad. These fellowships may be in conjunction with senior comps, in collaboration with faculty, or a project of student interest.
Up to $5,000 for one year.
- Fellowship awards are intended for JUNIORS to use during the summer prior to their senior year or winter break of their senior year
- Demonstrated financial need
- Students studying any discipline are eligible
- All applicants must be in good academic standing
The Paul and Lynn Kelley International Fellowship is intended to provide students an opportunity to undertake projects abroad related to senior comps or working collaboratively with a faculty member.
View examples of projects funded. Students may view successful proposals in the Office of Student Fellowships, Laird 131.
Deadline: 5 PM on Tuesday, February 11, 2020
A complete application packet includes:
- Online Application, with attached single PDF containing your transcript, resume, etc.
- For tips on planning the required budget, read Creating a Budget for Carleton-Funded Fellowships.
- Two recommendations, which will be requested from those you name in the application and submitted using the appropriate form below.
- BE SURE TO ASK recommenders before listing them on the application.
- NOTE: Using Carleton faculty or staff as recommenders is usually the best choice. Non-Carleton recommenders may disadvantage you as they may not know Carleton, and the selection committee does not know them. Use your judgment in this, as in all other areas.
- The Office of Student Fellowships will forward finalized proposals to your recommenders following the due date.
- Recommenders should submit the appropriate Online Recommendation Form, and are welcome to also attach a letter of support, if they choose.
- The deadline for recommendations is 5 PM on Tuesday, February 18, 2020.
Recommendation Form – Carleton Faculty and Staff
Recommendation Form – Non-Carleton Faculty
For research involving human subjects, Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications must be submitted electronically *before the research begins*. Visit the IRB website to learn more about the process.
Please contact Marynel Ryan Van Zee, Director of Student Fellowships, Laird 131, x4300.