This information refers to the application and recommendations process for all fellowships with Spring Term deadlines that use the common application. You may select as many individually named fellowships as you believe are appropriate to your project; the selection committee will identify the source from which your fellowship is funded.
Deadline: 5 PM on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
A complete application packet includes:
- Online Application, with attached single PDF containing your transcript, resume, etc.
- For tips on planning the required budget, read Creating a Budget for Carleton-Funded Fellowships.
- Two recommendations, which will be requested from those you name in the application and submitted using the appropriate form below.
- BE SURE TO ASK recommenders before listing them on the application.
- NOTE: Using Carleton faculty or staff as recommenders is usually the best choice. Non-Carleton recommenders may disadvantage you as they may not know Carleton, and the selection committee does not know them. Use your judgment in this, as in all other areas.
- The Office of Student Fellowships will forward finalized proposals to the your recommenders following the application due date of March 29, 2022.
- Recommenders should submit the appropriate Online Recommendation Form, and are welcome to also attach a letter of support, if they choose.
- The deadline for recommendations is 5 PM on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
Recommendation Form – Carleton Faculty and Staff
Recommendation Form – Non-Carleton Recommender