Highlights of the Carleton Campus
Laurence McKinley Gould Library
See the art and exhibits in the Laurence McKinley Gould Library, intended to bring library users into daily contact with works of art, artifacts, and natural objects in the spirit of discovery and learning — fostering aesthetic appreciation, intellectual curiosity, and interdisciplinary connections.
Weitz Center for Creativity
The Weitz Center for Creativity is designed to be a working laboratory for creativity across the entire curriculum, transforming how teaching and learning take place at Carleton. It’s an innovative facility that fosters creative collaboration, with the latest in multimedia and interactive technologies, along with uniquely flexible spaces for teaching, performing, working and creating. Created out of the former Northfield High School, with its original 1910 building and 1934 and 1954 additions, the center is a marvelous blending of the old and the new.
Weitz Center Music and Performance Addition
The Music and Performance Addition to the Weitz Center houses the majority of the music program and includes the 400-seat Kracum Performance Hall; instrumental ensemble rehearsal room; choir rehearsal room that doubles as a 75-seat recital hall; teaching studios, faculty offices, music resource library and practice rooms. These facilities support a broad range of curricular and co-curricular music and performance needs and will further integrate creativity across the disciplines.
Evelyn M. Anderson Hall
Evelyn M. Anderson Hall is Carleton’s newest building. The project to construct a new integrated science facility included removing Mudd Hall, renovating Hulings Hall and Olin Hall, and new construction in the former science courtyard to connect the buildings into one facility. The new integrated science complex positions Carleton to better serve the needs of students and faculty and help ensure that Carleton maintains its reputation as a leader in the sciences.
The Cowling Arboretum includes more than 800 acres of prairie and woodland. The Arb provides a network of running, skiing, and biking trails adjacent to the Cannon River, and serves as an outdoor laboratory for field research.