Emergency management is handled by a number of departments. Environmental Health and Safety maintains guidelines, consultation, and support for building emergencies. Security Services (x4444) oversees the bulk of the Emergency Information.
- Emergency Information Home: find the Emergency Preparedness guide here; it’s also available in (PDF), and paper copy by request
- CarlAlert Emergency Notification Service: learn about and sign up for the service
- Campus Emergency Phones: see the location of all campus emergency phones
- Emergency Shelter Areas
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs): AED locations and AED Policy
Academic departments using hazardous chemicals must have a chemical hygiene plan and provide appropriate training, respective to department-specific plans, for all employees and students who work with those materials; direct any questions to the Chemical Hygiene and Radiation Safety Officer (CH/RSO), Wayne A. Brown (x7554).
Non-academic departments should work with Elisabeth Haase, Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Manager (x4146), or Joe Udelhofen, Environmental Health and Safety Specialist and Training Coordinator (x6826), to ensure that their chemical use plans are applicable and complete.
EHS and CH/RSO establish health and safety policies and protocols that are adopted by the college in order to assure that all work spaces and teaching areas comply with regulatory chemical use guidelines.
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Hazardous Waste Management Plan
- Globally Harmonized System Of Classification And Labelling Of Chemicals (GHS)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) For Chemicals And Materials (Formerly known as Material Safety Data Sheets [MSDSs])
- Dispensing Liquid Nitrogen From 25L Dewar
- Laser Safety
- Safety Training For Student Workers
- Fume Hoods
- Compressed Gas Cylinders