Chemicals that are corrosive, flammable, toxic, or explosive are “hazardous.” Some additional chemicals are handled as hazardous waste because they are carcinogenic, persistent in the environment, or are not allowed in the trash because they generate dusts.
- Carleton’s Hazardous Waste Management Plan
- Globally Harmonized System Of Classification And Labelling Of Chemicals (GHS)
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) For Chemicals And Materials (Formerly known as Material Safety Data Sheets [MSDSs])
- Dispensing Liquid Nitrogen From 25L Dewar
- Safety Training For Student Workers
- If you are unwilling or unable to determine if your chemical or chemical mixture is hazardous, contact Environmental Health and Safety.