The Carleton English Department offers off-campus study programs in London every year, in Ireland every other year, and in California occasionally. Upcoming programs include:
- Living London: City, Scene, Anthropocene (Peter Balaam, winter 2023) Follow the program’s Instagram.
- Visions of California: Searching for the Golden State (Michael Kowalewski, winter 2023)
- Ireland: Siting Religion, Writing Place (Arnab Chakladar and Michael McNally, summer 2023)
- Film, Literature, and Culture in Hong Kong and Mumbai (Arnab Chakladar, winter 2024)
- Living London (Greg Hewett, spring 2024)
Visit the pages below to learn more about these popular programs, including interviews with the winter 2023 faculty directors, information on upcoming programs, and archives from past programs. For a student perspective, visit The Second Laird Miscellany to see the editors’ reflections on their off-campus study.