The English Creative Writing Minor is intended for students who wish to gain experience in creative writing by taking a series of writing workshops accompanied by the study of literature relevant to their writing interests. Students must complete 36 total credits as described below.
- 18 credits of creative writing workshops, chosen from college-wide offerings in prose fiction, poetry, playwriting, screenwriting, television writing, and/or creative nonfiction; including at least one course in the English Department and one course at the 300 level:
- CAMS 271 Fiction
- CAMS 278 Writing for Television
- CAMS 279 Screenwriting (not offered in 2023-24)
- CCST 270 Creative Travel Writing Workshop (not offered in 2023-24)
- ENGL 160 Creative Writing
- ENGL 233 Writing and Social Justice (not offered in 2023-24)
- ENGL 265 News Stories
- ENGL 267 Studies in Description
- ENGL 270 Short Story Workshop
- ENGL 271 Poetry Workshop
- ENGL 281 Living London Program: Reading London, Writing London
- ENGL 370 Advanced Fiction Workshop
- ENGL 371 Advanced Poetry Workshop
- ENGL 381 Living London Program: Reading London, Writing London
- THEA 246 Playwriting
- 18 credits of literature courses drawn from offerings in the Department of English, in courses numbered over 100. Must include at least one course at the 300 level.
English majors who wish to also minor in Creative Writing may do so, but they may not count more than 18 credits of their major toward the 36 total credits for the minor.