Senior English majors may fulfill the integrative exercise by completing one of four options:
- The Colloquium Option (a group option in which participants discuss, analyze and write about a thematically coherent list of literary works)
- The Research Essay Option (an extended essay on a topic of the student’s own devising)
- Open only to students who have completed an Advanced Seminar in the major by the end of fall term senior year.
- The Creative Writing Option (creation of a work of literary art)
- Open only to students who have completed at least two creative writing courses (one of which must be at the 300 level) by the end of fall term senior year.
- The Project Option (creation of an individual or group multidisciplinary project)
Faculty Coordinators for 2019–20
Co-Directors of Colloquium: Elizabeth McKinsey & George Shuffelton