PhD in Economics
Considering a PhD in Economics? See these Graduate School Math Recommendations.
Economics Research Assistant
Are you interested in working as a research assistant (RA) for a year or two after getting a bachelor’s or master’s degree, but before beginning a PhD program? RA jobs are very helpful for acceptance to a PhD program, and many students who complete them go on to PhD programs. Check out the Economics Research Assistant (RA) Guide and PREDOC Opportunities (https://predoc.org/opportunities, a link providing the best curated list of open academic positions.
Resources for Economists
The most comprehensive collection of economics-based web-links is called Resources for Economists and was compiled by Professor Bill Goffe at SUNY-Oswego.
Carleton’s Writing Guide and Style Sheet will help you learn to write like an economist.
Additional data or economics research resources
- Gould Library Economics Research Guide
- Financial and Investment Information
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Research Organizations
Additional information with planning your life after Carleton
- The best place to begin thinking about career and school options after Carleton is the Career Center.
- See Job Openings for Economists on the American Economic Association website.
- Visit Carleton’s Pathways website for info about careers, internships, off-campus study programs, organizations, and a host of other resources.