PhD in Economics
Considering a PhD in Economics? See these Graduate School Math Recommendations.
Economics Research Assistant
Are you interested in working as a research assistant (RA) for a year or two after getting a bachelor’s or master’s degree, but before beginning a PhD program? RA jobs are very helpful for acceptance to a PhD program, and many students who complete them go on to PhD programs. Check out the Economics Research Assistant (RA) Guide and PREDOC Opportunities.
Resources for Economists
The most comprehensive collection of economics-based web-links is called Resources for Economists and was compiled by Professor Bill Goffe at SUNY-Oswego.
Carleton’s Writing Guide and Style Sheet will help you learn to write like an economist.
Additional data or economics research resources
- Gould Library Economics Research Guide
- Financial and Investment Information
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Research Organizations
Additional information with planning your life after Carleton
- The best place to begin thinking about career and school options after Carleton is the Career Center.
- See Job Openings for Economists on the American Economic Association website.
- Visit Carleton’s Pathways website for info about careers, internships, off-campus study programs, organizations, and a host of other resources.