Students returning home from countries with a Level 3 travel health notice or anywhere in Europe, including the United Kingdom, should be prepared to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to the United States. The CDC advises the following:
- Stay home for 14 days from the time you left Europe, monitor your health, and practice social distancing.
- If you get sick with a fever, cough, or have trouble breathing, seek medical care. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
- Avoid traveling if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your hands often by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
All Carleton-sponsored off-campus study programs scheduled to be offered in spring 2020 have been canceled. The Office of Off-Campus Studies is working closely will all affected students.