eXpress Lunch meals are available Monday through Friday at East Dining Hall (when classes are in session) to students whose schedules conflict with lunch or dinner dining hall hours.
eXpress Lunch Window Hours
In an effort to accommodate students’ busy schedules and ease congestion in the dining halls, eXpress Lunch meals are a to-go option available to any student on a Carleton meal plan. An eXpress Lunch meal can replace either lunch or dinner the day it’s picked up, but not breakfast. No reservation is required.
The meal will be paid for with the student’s OneCard and the card must be present for the transaction, just as it is required for entering a dining hall. Students will be allowed to swipe their card for the meal that they are currently eating, breakfast or lunch, as well as for the eXpress Lunch that they are picking up–for lunch or dinner.
eXpress Lunch is available during the following hours:
- Monday and Wednesday 7:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Tues., Thurs., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
eXpress Sack Lunch
Your choice of 2 Sandwiches or 1 Sandwich and 1 Salad, Chips or Pretzels, Hand Fruit, Cookie, Carrots and Beverage.
- Sandwich Choices
- Ham and Swiss on Whole Wheat
- Ham Sandwich on Whole Wheat
- Turkey and Cheddar on Whole Wheat
- Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat
- Peanut Butter and Jelly on Whole Wheat
- Vegetarian Sandwich on Whole Wheat
- Sandwich du Jour
- Beverage Choices
- Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Canned Mineral Water, Bottled Water, Orange or Apple Juice, 2% or Skim Milk
Picnics and pack-outs can be arranged for college sponsored events that will be held during dining hall hours.
Dining Services understands that Carleton College students are on the go, which means flexibility and convenience are sometimes equal in importance to the food itself. In an effort to meet these needs, a pack-out program has been designed for board students who will not be able to eat at the dining halls due to a college sponsored event.
The following policies have been established for pack-out orders:
- All pack-out requests must be emailed to email@example.com with two required attachments a minimum of 72 hours in advance. See Related Documents box to the right for Cover Sheet and Pack-Out Sign Up Form.
- Orders received less than 72 hours in advance will be assessed a $25.00 fee that will be charged to the department budget number if the order is approved; however, orders made less than 72 hours may be denied based on current availability.
- Each group will need to provide their own coolers, cooking and serving utensils, and charcoal.
- Picnic site locations may be reserved through Campus Scheduling at x7185.