Carleton College seeks to resolve student concerns brought to its attention in a timely and effective manner. Students who wish to document a concern are welcome to submit a Community Concern Form. These concerns may be submitted anonymously.

Student complaints may regard Carleton’s provision of academic or non-academic services. Students are expected to follow the existing procedures for handling concerns. These include:

Students who have exhausted existing procedures for addressing their concerns, or who believe their concerns are not covered by existing procedures, may submit a written complaint.

  • Written complaints regarding the academic program should be directed to the Provost.
  • Written complaints regarding non-academic services should be directed to the Dean of Students.

Complaints About Private Colleges and Career Schools (

Registration & Licensing
Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108
651-256-3965 or 1-800-657-3866
secure fax 651-797-1664