Carleton College seeks to resolve student concerns brought to its attention in a timely and effective manner. Students who wish to document a concern are welcome to submit a Community Concern Form. These concerns may be submitted anonymously.
Student complaints may regard Carleton’s provision of academic or non-academic services. Students are expected to follow the existing procedures for handling concerns. These include:
- The Student Conduct Process
- The Academic Regulations & Procedures regarding grade complaints
- The resources for responding to Sexual Misconduct
- The Procedures for Investigating Reports of Discrimination or Harassment
Students who have exhausted existing procedures for addressing their concerns, or who believe their concerns are not covered by existing procedures, may submit a written complaint.
- Written complaints regarding the academic program should be directed to the Provost.
- Written complaints regarding non-academic services should be directed to the Dean of Students.
Registration & Licensing
Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108
651-256-3965 or 1-800-657-3866
secure fax 651-797-1664