The Dean of Students Office provides financial support to full-time Carleton students who need assistance purchasing textbooks or are experiencing a financial hardship due to an unanticipated event. Emergency funds are distributed on a case-by-case basis and do not need to be repaid.
Emergency Funding Related to COVID-19
We want to ensure current Carleton students have access to financial support as everyone navigates the current world health crisis, so we’re being flexible with our standard emergency funding process. Students may request emergency funds to cover support for travel (flights, gas), food insecurity, computer and technical assistance to support remote learning, student employment fund replacement, medical costs, textbooks, and other identified needs. If you have completed a FAFSA for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year, you may be eligible for an emergency grant from federal funds made available to the college through the Coronovirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act. This funding is limited and will be distributed on a case-by-case basis.
How it Works
- Emergency funds do not need to be repaid and are distributed on a case-by-case basis.
- Students may request funds more than once as personal situations evolve.
- Funds are limited to direct support for students. We are unable to provide assistance, for example, for family members.
Emergency Funding Not Related to COVID-19
Students must have exhausted all other possible financial resources before applying to receive funds. The amount given is determined by the need and subject to the availability of the funds. The following guidelines do not apply to COVID-19-related requests.
How it Works
- A student may receive funding once per academic year.
- Funds are generally up to $250.
- Students cannot be reimbursed for money already spent.
Vouchers will be distributed using the following guidelines:
- First-year students: first term, up to $200; second and third terms, up to $150
- Sophomores: Two terms of up to $100 each
- Juniors: One term of up to $100
- Seniors: One term of up to $100
Emergency Funding Request Form
Please submit the form below to be considered for emergency funding. You may be contacted by a staff member in the Dean of Students Office to discuss your circumstances, and they may consult with campus partners, including Student Financial Services.
This fund is not associated with the financial aid application process. If you have special circumstances that relate directly to the financial aid process, please contact Student Financial Services at email@example.com.