Who is CARS?
Curricular and Research Support (CARS) is a model for providing coordination and communication among the diverse offices and departments that provide academic support to Carleton faculty and students. Members of CARS are support staff including:
- Academic Support Center
- Academic Technology
- Institutional Research and Assessment
- ITS Helpdesk
- Language Center
- Reference & Instruction Librarians
- Web Services Group
- Staff embedded in Academic Departments
What does CARS do?
Many courses and curricular initiatives make use of the support from more than one of the groups listed above. CARS helps to facilitate collaboration among staff so that the support can be integrated, effective, and seamless. CARS activities include:
- Coordinating meetings of appropriate staff to work with faculty on their curricular and research projects
- Facilitating support that crosses organizational boundaries such as digital scholarship and data management services
- Outreach to faculty and students
- Organizing gatherings of CARS staff to learn about new technologies, projects, and initiatives
- Assisting the Dean of the College and Dean of Students with assessing the effectiveness of research and curricular support resources.