Reserving Carleton College Outdoor Spaces, Athletic Fields and Trails
Carleton outdoor fields, trails, open spaces, etc. may be available for use only during non‑academic times of the year. (i.e. winter and spring breaks and the summer months.) Exceptions require prior approval through the P.E.A.R. (Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation) Department, the Arboretum and/or other affected college departments. (Please see contact information below for further details.)
All usage is subject to availability. There will be times when the fields will be closed for maintenance and grooming. Fields and outdoor spaces may also be closed due to weather and ground conditions.
Space may be requested for baseball or softball, soccer, hiking, cross country (skiing and running) and other approved activities on a first come, first served basis.
Reserving a space
The following steps are required if you and your group would like to use Carleton outdoor spaces:
- Register your event with Carleton College Event Services Office.
- Provide proof of insurance for your group, listing Carleton College as “Also Insured”.
- Submit a completed “Waiver of Liability / Hold Harmless” form.
- Submit a completed “Facilities Use Agreement”.
The following items and actions are not allowed in, on, or around Carleton fields and outdoor spaces:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Fireworks or explosives
- Motorized vehicles
- Bicycles (Unless in an area specifically designated for bicycles)
- Entering or making use of neighboring Campus buildings and structures
- Connecting to Campus utilities
- Open flames
- Unleashed pets
The College reserves the right to revoke any and all permission at any time, if a visitors conduct is deemed unlawful, destructive or prevents others from enjoying themselves. The individual violator and/or entire group may be asked to leave by Campus Security and/or the Northfield Police.
For further information, or to inquire as to availability and register your event, please contact: Jana Lelm, Campus Scheduling & Event Coordinator 507-222-4443.