All of the Computer Science facilities at Carleton reside on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Olin Hall. Lab Assistants are available in some of the labs to help students with their computing questions.
We currently have seven labs that are configured for CS. All of the computers boot into Mac OS X, and access to Linux is available via a server and the use of x2go software. Here is some additional information for each lab:
- Olin 208 is used by faculty and their student researchers.
- Olin 210 is used by faculty and their student researchers.
- Olin 302 is a CS Comps Room.
- Olin 304 is a general lab for students to work in.
- Olin 306 is a lounge/study space connected to 304 and 308.
- Olin 308 is a general lab for students to work in.
- Olin 310 regularly has lab assistants in the evening to help students working on assignments. Olin 310 is both a general lab as well as a classroom lab, so it is often booked for classes during the day. Note: During Fall Term 2020 the lab assistants are working virtually; consult your class Moodle page for instructions on how to reach them.
- Olin 312 is a CS Comps Room.
These labs are open from 7 a.m until Midnight. You will need your Carleton One Card to gain access to the labs.
Each of the Computer Science labs can be reserved for classes and special projects. To reserve a lab, contact Mike Tie.
If you have feedback about our labs, please let us know.