If you’re thinking about getting involved, CRIC is active all year long.
- Subscribe to our email list at email@example.com. That way, you’ll stay up to date on CRIC’s events on campus, as well as our general actions. (We are a committee representing you, after all!)
- Come and watch a meeting of the CRIC. Our meetings are lively and cover a broad range of issues, including all forms of SRI (socially responsible investing), definitions of Carleton’s values, and other issues pertaining to the ethical management of our endowment. We always welcome your input!
- Attend a public forum and speak your mind. Throughout the year, CRIC has multiple public events, like townhall meetings and discussions. Just remember, you must connect the issues you care about with Carleton’s values.
- Apply to join CRIC and work to address social,
environmental, and governance issues in Carleton’s endowment holdings.
One of the CRIC’s key responsibilities is recommending certain proxy
votes to the Board of Trustees, which requires heavy amounts of research
(see past reports for examples). We also have numerous new initiatives
to engage our corporate connections, and we need fresh faces and ideas!
- Contact CRIC about open student positions and apply through CSA.
- If you are interested in a faculty or staff position on the committee, please e-mail Arjendu Pattanayak, faculty co-chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Look into how YOU invest!
- For students – if you currently are invested in anything, look into the policies guiding the companies and funds. Are they in line with your values? If a parent or guardian has money set aside for you, talk to them about how that money is being managed. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
- For faculty and staff – TIAA-CREF stuff
- Email us with thoughts, questions, and comments. We would love to hear from you! You can contact the entire group by e-mailing email@example.com, or you can email Arjendu Pattanayak (firstname.lastname@example.org), our faculty co-chair.
Thanks for checking us out, and we hope to hear from you soon.