This meeting has been scheduled for April 27, from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. For the meeting link, please email email@example.com. Meetings will be recorded and posted on each workshop’s page.
Goal of Workshop 2.6
Forecast and prepare for potential future climate change impacts
Tasks & Discussion Questions:
Discuss goals and strategies for:
- Climate-related impacts on Carleton’s Emergency Preparedness plans
- Weather changes – floods, heat waves, etc.
- Community resilience and adaptation
- What are different ways of defining climate resilience and adaptation?
- How should Carleton incorporate resilience and adaptation into the next CAP?
- What aspects of resilience and adaptation should Carleton focus on?
- Does resilience and adaptation planning belong within the Climate Action Plan or in other risk management plans?
- Should Carleton focus on resilience within campus boundaries, or integrate our efforts with the Northfield community (and beyond)?
- Should Carleton engage in public policy discussions that directly impact Carleton’s resilience and adaptation capabilities?
- Who are key stakeholders within the Carleton community (and beyond) that would help us become a more resilient campus?