This meeting has been scheduled for May 25, 2021 For the meeting link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings will be recorded and posted on each workshop’s page.
Goal of Workshop 2.8
Define how we prepare and support students pursuing environmentally-focused academic and career pathways
Tasks & Discussion Questions:
Discuss goals and strategies for:
- Broad student engagement: e.g. sustainability literacy, sustainability course designations, sustainability core requirement, etc.
- Academic pathways: e.g. environmental majors, minors, certificates, research, academic civic engagement opportunities
- Career pathways: internships, mentoring, and job opportunities
- Faculty support and development
- To broaden environmental awareness, should Carleton implement an environmental literacy or environmental core requirement?
- What do students want out of an environmental education from Carleton? What specific components of our ENTS and ENTS-adjacent programs are especially strong or in need of further development?
- Should Carleton offer an environment-related minor or certificate? If so – should it focus on environmental studies, sustainability studies, environmental humanities, or other?
- How can Carleton better prepare its students for an environmentally-oriented career?
- What other approaches can Carleton take to expand the scope of environmental education at our institution?