This meeting has been scheduled for March 5 at 3 pm. For the meeting link, please email email@example.com. Meetings will be recorded and posted on each workshop’s page.
Goal of Workshop 2.4
Update Carleton’s stance on carbon offsets and outline a path to reducing Scope 3 emissions
Tasks & Discussion Questions:
Discuss goals and strategies for:
- Commuting emissions
- Faculty / staff air travel emissions
- Study abroad emissions
- Carbon offset philosophy and strategies
- When we are ready to offset our travel emissions, should that be funded by individuals/departments or a shared fund from the college?
- With Covid-19 expanding remote work and remote learning, are there any changes that the college should institutionalize? Should Carleton plan for an increasing online future and if so, in what ways?
- Should Carleton only rely on self-generated sequestration projects or are we open to exploring offsets generated outside the institution?
- What individuals/departments should be included in travel emissions and offsets evaluation and decision-making?
- What should the regular update to these goals and programs look like?