Tuesday, November 3rd from 12:25 to 1:25 pm via Zoom. For the meeting link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings will be recorded and posted on each workshop’s page.
Goal of Workshop 1.3
Decide which elements from other schools’ climate action plans we should model in Carleton’s next CAP, review which sections should be added or deleted, and how detailed Carleton’s next plan should be.
Tasks & Discussion Questions:
- Review the overarching structure of the 2011 Carleton Climate Action Plan (CAP) – do a carbon reduction section and an education / outreach section still make sense?
- Review the specific sections in the 2011 plan – should any be deleted or added? How have things changed in ten years?
- Included in 2011 plan: energy, land management, waste, transportation, procurement, inside the classroom, outside the classroom, after the classroom, campus & community engagement, research
- Not included in the 2011 plan: water, food, environmental justice, resilience, adaptation, carbon pricing, divestment / ESG investment, etc.
- What do we like about the “staff picks”? What appears to make these plans successful?